Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My new future ex-wife: Julia Stiles

It's been a while since I have addressed this publicly. In fact, I don't believe I have ever revealed this throughout the vaunted history of this blog. But today, a new person has leaped into the number one spot on the list. A very special list.

Mind you, the list has changed over the years, mostly for superficial reasons. But there is a very valid reason why Julia Stiles has now taken over the mantle as being the person that I most desire to become my future ex-wife.

Never mind the fact that she is a talented actress. Never mind the fact that she appeared in all three versions of the Bourne movie trilogy, with Matt Damon being the only other to hit that trifecta. Never mind that she has a classic beauty and a charismatic smile that makes me stop flipping the TV tube around the dial whenever she comes on-screen. Never mind of all that, because in addition to all of that, there is one reason above all the rest that has elevated her to the top of the list:

She is a fan of the New York Mets. And not just a "I root for some baseball team" kind of fan either.

As evidenced by this story she wrote for the Wall Street Journal reviewing her take on the Mets home opener a while back at Mookie Wilson Stadium (I refuse to call it by the corporate greed moniker), she not only is a fan of the Mets, but has a clear understanding of the game as well.

I later found out that she also has a blog site as well. So not only am I letting the tens and tens of Crief Case Nation readers know about it, and encouraging all of you to visit her site everyday, but we're adding her onto the famous Blog Roll located over on the right.

Welcome to the club, Ms. Stiles - your jacket awaits you.

********************

Still awaiting the official ability to make the official word on my official broadcasting upgrade announcement to become official. When it is, I will spill the beans. What I can tell you is that the May 3 debut of Sunday Scores and More has been pushed back two weeks until May 17. Many more details soon to follow...

No comments: