Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1982 NFL strike schedule stuff

So recently I was thinking about the 1982 NFL season, which was shortened to just nine games due to the first ever in-season NFL Players strike, which forced the cancellation of seven weeks of the season.They actually played weeks 1 & 2 before th walkout. Then they resumed with weeks 11-16 and added in one extra week which was a mixture of games from the cancelled weeks.

But to my surprise, there wasn't any place on the Internet to find access to the actual schedule games blown by the strike. The NFL doesn't provide access to them anywhere, as if they never were schedule at all.

Well, thanks to a buddy I met on-line, I now have the solution. You see back in the day, Fleer (one of the card trading companies) would produce a set of stickers that had team information on the front and the schedule on the back. he was able to scan them and send them to me. So I have created a space for them here for display for one simple reason.

I've created a Wikipedia page, and they are going to need to verify this information. So that is the purpose for this posting with these sticker images. Many many many thanks to Jon Helfenstein for his diligent work in scanning all of these in. Enjoy:

Posted via email from Crief's posterous

No comments: