Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Trades and Bad Trades

Last year, while working at Mahalo, I was trying to establish the sports section of their site as one that fans could come to for live information about games or other events through live blogging. I had some decent traffic generation through the NFL playoff games, and the Super Bowl. I continued that through the Daytona 500, the NHL and NBA All-Star Games, and the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

I'm not there anymore, but the experience served me well, and enjoyed it. One of the things I had the chance to do was live blog the NHL Trade Deadline. For those that forgot about it, check this link for a review. Basically, I did a time stamping every time a new move came down, and wrote briefly about it, as well as other doings on that day.

This year, I plan to produce a second year of trade deadline blogging. Only this time, it will be with my new group at Examiner.com. The day will be Wednesday, and I will be there posting all of the trades as they happen, as well as reaction to them from not just myself, but other hockey writers on Examiner.com, and other experts throughout the league as well. I'll post the link on this site for those of you wanting to follow along.

It should be either a very quiet day, or one of the busiest in league history. See you Wednesday...

No comments: