Thursday, August 14, 2008

KFL Draft Lottery Update

So the main fantasy football league that I am a part of as commissioner, the Kokua Football League, set the draft order this past week with the draft lottery. Last year, I was 3rd and moved up to 2nd with a draft day trade. However, I took Steven Jackson (who was injured most of the first half of the season), gave up 2nd and 4th round picks as part of the deal (for 5th and 7th), and suffered through a horrible year. In my other league, I won the championship, which luckily balanced out my football year.

Here's the draft order for the first round this year. We used the snake method (1-12 in odd rounds, then reversing it 12-1 in even rounds), and our draft is on August 28:

(1) Nice Marmots - Ryan Mac, one of 3 new team owners in the league this season. Jessica Biel (LaDanian Tomlinson) or Jessica Alba (Adrian Peterson) - can't really go wrong there.
(2) Unnamed Franchise - Raj M. He had #1 pick last year and took LDT - maybe he gets to grab him again, but I hear he wants to move down in the order.
(3) Northridge Bungals - Ken B. Ken, are you really thinking about taking Ocho Cinco with the #3 overall pick? Just kidding, I'd take Brady here.
(4) Silver Lake Cubs - Dean M. Live and let Addai, right Dean?
(5) Runaway Guides - Adam S. Too high to grab Clinton Portis there... you might hate it, but Brian Westbrook is a steal at 5
(6) Los Feliz Navy Dads - Jonathan H. Brady's probably gone, but if not, I'm sure you'll take him again and try to ride to the finals for a 2nd straight year.
(7) Park La Brea Freemen - Travis O. Now it gets hinky, perhaps Willie Parker or Steven Jackson here?
(8) Wicked Playas - Andrea J. Another newbie - she's from Boston, so I'm guessing Moss if he's still there, which he might be.
(9) Everybody Loves Ray - Ray M. The defending champ - Frank Gore perhaps?
(10) Heartland Transplants - "Budke". Last of the newcomers - can we con him into taking Favre 7 rounds higher than he should be? Probably not - Portis here or even T.O.
(11) Montvale Whalers - ME. Be glad to take best player available here; does anyone think Larry Johnson is '06 version or '07 version?
(12) Palms Sundaes - Evan B. With Westbrook long gone, and Peyton a question with knee, I'm guessing best RB available if he doesn't trade up to get Westbrook.

I can't wait for the draft - just two weeks away!

No comments: